Poster Submission: 2019 DIBS Distinguished Lecture and Symposium
The Duke Institute for Brain Sciences is pleased to present the 2019 DIBS Distinguished Lecture & Symposium from 1 to 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 20, at Penn Pavilion on the Duke campus. There is no fee to attend but registration is required. Please click HERE to see a flyer with more information. A detailed agenda with speaker bios will be available by mid-January.
Poster Contest for Grad Students, Postdocs, Resident MDs, Other Trainees; $100 Gift Card to Winners!
The event will include a poster exhibition and contest. Any Duke graduate student, postdoctoral fellow or research associate, resident physician, or other graduate-level trainee is eligible. Two winners, one for basic research and one for clinical research, will be announced at the end of the Symposium. A $100 gift card will be awarded to each winner.
Contest Guidelines & Deadlines; Poster Abstract Submission Deadline Jan. 25, 5 p.m. ET
- Poster topic must be relevant to the brain sciences.
- Deadline to submit poster title & 250-word abstract via this form is Friday, Jan. 25, at 5 p.m. ET. Note: Any poster created after July 1, 2018, may be submitted, even if presented previously.
- Those whose posters are accepted for the exhibition and contest will be notified via email by Friday, Feb. 1, at 5 p.m. ET, and asked to submit a PDF of the poster.
- Deadline to submit poster PDF is Monday, Feb. 11, at 5 p.m. ET. Poster PDFs must be submitted to DIBS Chief Operating Officer Nicole Schramm-Sapyta, PhD, at . The PDFs will be reviewed to determine contest winners.
- If your poster is selected for the Symposium exhibition, you will be notified of the details regarding displaying the poster at the Penn Pavilion on Feb. 20. The poster exhibition opens at 1 p.m. that day.
- Contest winners, one in basic-science research and one in clinical research, will be announced at the end of the Symposium. Poster exhibitors are strongly encouraged -- but not required -- to attend the Symposium and be present for the announcement.