- DUNE is an 8-week paid summer research program for rising juniors and seniors or graduating seniors who have not yet applied to college, from high schools within the Research Triangle area of North Carolina.
- Students will be selected after submitting an application and two letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors.
- Accepted students will be matched with participating labs based on their research interests.
- Students will participate in:
- Professional development activities such as college advising, scientific communication workshops, career sessions
- Lectures by faculty on cutting-edge research on the verge of academia, industry, and medicine
- An end of program poster session where they will present their research
- We are provisionally approved to run this program in-person, on Duke's campus for the summer of 2022. Given how quickly COVID-19 circumstances change, this status may be changed up until the start of the program. We plan to request proof of vaccination for all program participants.