Duke University Neuroscience Experience (DUNE)
DUNE provides high school students with a cutting-edge research experience in neuroscience laboratories at Duke University and encourages participation by students from underrepresented minority groups in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM). Participating students will be paid a stipend.
Our mission is to enable future neuroscientists/STEM leaders of socioeconomically disadvantaged populations in the local community an educational fun experience in neuroscience, all while removing barriers to entry for those populations.
Participating students must be:
- Rising juniors (summer after sophomore and before junior year) OR
- Rising seniors (summer after junior year and before senior year) OR
- Graduating seniors who have not yet applied to college
- Be at least 15 years old by the program’s start date
- Attend a high school in the research triangle area of North Carolina
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to attend in person programming on campus
- Mid-February 2023: Application Opens
- Late March 2023: Application Deadline
- April 2023: Admissions Decisions Announced
- June-Early August, 2023: Program runs for 8 weeks