- DUNE provides local high school students with a cutting-edge summer research experience in neuroscience laboratories at Duke University.
- Participating students must be rising juniors, seniors or graduating seniors who have not yet applied to college, and from high schools within the Research Triangle area of North Carolina.
- We encourage students from a diversity of backgrounds to apply.
- Students will be selected after submitting an application and two letters of recommendation from teachers or advisors.
- Accepted students will be matched with participating labs based on their research interests.
- Students will participate in:
- Professional development activities such as college advising, scientific communication workshops, and career sessions.
- Lectures by faculty on cutting-edge research in academia, industry, and medicine.
- An end of program poster session where they will present their research.