DIBS attracts and supports an incredibly diverse group of more than 200 postdoctoral associates. They come from departments and programs in the Schools of Medicine, Engineering, and Trinity College of Arts & Sciences, including Anesthesiology, Biomedical Engineering, Biostatistics & Bioinformatics, Brain Imaging & Analysis Center, Cell Biology, Center for Aging & Development, Center for Human Disease Modeling, Cognitive Neuroscience, Evolutionary Anthropology, Gastroenterology, Mechanical Engineering & Materials Science, Molecular Genetics & Microbiology, Neurobiology, Neurology, Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences, Psychology & Neuroscience, Neurosurgery, and others. Click HERE to join the Postdoctoral Consortium mailing list.
Postdoctoral Seminar Series
The DIBS Postdoctoral Consortium sponsors two seminar series:
- Works-in-Progress (WIPS), where postdoctoral fellows can share work at any stage—from brainstorming to troubleshooting to celebration—in a safe, supportive atmosphere. Please contact DIBS Associate Director Nicole Schramm-Sapyta, email@example.com, if you are interested in presenting your work. 2020-2021 schedule below.
- PARTNeR (Postdocs & Residents Translating Neuroscience Research) is a group of neuroscience and psychology postdocs and psychiatry residents who recognize the importance of bridging the gap between basic science research and the clinic. As basic science researchers often have little or no interaction with the patient population, and residents have little interaction with the research world, we provide a forum for postdocs and residents to interact and learn from one another. We meet approximately once per month; please join or contact us for more information if you are interested! Click HERE to visit the group's website.
Works in Progress 2020-2021 Schedule
Works-in-Progress presentations are held monthly via Zoom. These talks are an opportunity for postdocs to present their work in a supportive atmosphere, with people who share their interests and are willing to brainstorm and provide feedback to improve our scientific endeavors. All events are held at 9 a.m. via Zoom. For the Zoom links, register using the links below for each event you would like to attend. If you would like to join the DIBS Postdoc Consortium, you may sign up HERE.
- Oct. 23: Kickoff meeting for 2020-2021: Discussion led by Dr. Nicole Schramm-Sapyta, PhD, Faculty Advisor. We will discuss this paper, from Nature. Register here to receive Zoom details.
- Nov. 20: Kati Healey, Schwartzwelder Lab, Department of Psychiatry & Behavioral Sciences. Register here to receive Zoom details.
- Dec. 11: Tylor Lewis, Arshavsky Lab, Department of Ophthalmology. Register here to receive Zoom details.
- Jan. : TBD
- Feb. 19: Jia Hou Poh, Adcock Lab, Center for Cognitive Neuroscience. Register here to receive Zoom details.
- Mar: TBD
- Apr.: TBD
- May: TBD
DIBS and the Consortium also connect interested postdocs with on- and off-campus speaking engagements and other neuroscience-related volunteer opportunities. Consortium members receive weekly DIBS calendar emails listing neuroscience-relevant seminars and events across campus, plus special announcements. Just click on the link and sign up!