Spring 2019 Workshop Series
- Interactive workshops on “How to Be an Effective Ally,” led by Theater Delta, a local acting troupe dedicated to social-equity programming. These were designed for faculty and students/trainees/staff, respectively.
- March 1 seminar featuring Damian Stanley, PhD, Psychology, from Adelphi University: “20+ Years of Implicit Bias Research—Behavior, the Brain, and Open Questions”
Fall 2018 Workshop Series
- Duke Resources for Dealing with Unprofessional Behavior in All Its Forms
- Interactive Session on Power Dynamics with Theater Delta
- Having Those ‘Difficult’ Conversations, facilitated by Dr. Ann Brown, Vice Dean for Faculty, Duke School of Medicine, and Dr. Cathie Siders, a psychologist specializing in organizational consulting and executive coaching.
DIBS also supports other organizations by publicizing to the DIBS community research symposia focused on women and underrepresented minorities:
- 2018 Annual Symposium hosted by Duke's Women in Science and Engineering, “STEM Equity and Access: Increasing Diversity in Senior Positions in Academia and Beyond,” April 29.
- The inaugural “Women of Color Research Network Annual Symposium,” May 31, 2018, at the National Institute for Environmental Health Sciences, part of the National Institutes of Health, in Research Triangle Park.