Summer Neuroscience Program
Spend your summer with us!
- Receive a full-time stipend, plus money for your lab
- Build critical soft skills for life after Duke
- Work one-on-one with faculty to jump-start your research
Duke's Summer Neuroscience Program (formally known as NPR) is an 8-week summer program enabling you to conduct full-time research to jump start your Graduation with Distinction senior thesis. Full-time participants receive a $3,000 stipend, and mentors receive $1,000 towards their discretionary fund. You may also elect to take one summer school course during term I or II; you obtain $1500 and your mentor receives $500. Once your potential mentor is identified, you will need to collaborate with them to complete and submit an SNP application.
- Applications for summer 2018 will go live in December 15, 2017
- February 2nd, 2018 Applications due
- March 5th, 2018 Acceptance notifications (at the latest)
Competition is stiff, so get your application in early!
Application topics may include:
- Personal Information: name, Duke email address, class year
- Experiences: previous lab exposure, other neuroscience courses
- Future Plans: anticipating Graduation with Distinction, post-graduation plans
- Research Plans: mentor's name, department and Duke email address
Questions? Contact Tyler Lee at